Friday, July 3, 2009

Memories

One of my favorite memories of my mom is every summer we would go to Santa Cruz for a couple day excursion with our best friends Marilyn and Teresa. We would shop, cruise the boardwalk and relax on the beach. It was a fun little tradition that she did with me every summer. Eating of course was one of our favorite things to do. We often would eat at a restaurant called the Shadowbrook in Capitola. All the waiters were male which probably made the experience all the better as a teenager. Our last trip to Santa Cruz was August 1989 before I left on my mission. Mom has been gone two years on July 4 and I cherish the memories I have of her. Missing you Mom.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you on the 4th. You'll do great, she'd want that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, I didn't know about your blog. Very nice. I too thought of your mom, my sister-in-law and legal guardian, on the anniversary of her death and was on the spot in the plaza again where I got the news. She left a legacy of a lasting talent to you of her piano skills. I'm sure she's proud of you. Olie

    ReplyDelete